After mastering the art ofhow to take a good selfie, continues to caption explosive selfies. What makes a good selfie caption in 2022? How do you come up with the best selfie quote possible? How should your selfie be captioned?
Here's a 3-step guide on what to do and what not to do:advancelots of selfie caption examples to get you started. Enjoy!
🤙The best Instagram selfie captions add personality
The concept oftell storiesIt's such a hot topic on social media because what connects people are the experiences, details and stories we share. Likewise, edit apps likefacetune2helps you customize your selfie visually, a caption helps you customize it with words.
Bring the two-dimensional self of the selfie to the screen and into the hearts and minds of your followers. I'm getting a little poetic here, but the bottom line is: a generic selfie caption is the worst! Have you come across this one? "I i i." That is, in a word, emoji: 🤦♀️. It's not memorable and it's certainly not you. How about "A selfie a day keeps the doctor away"? 🤦♀️🤦♀️🤦♀️.
Selfies can be taken anywhere – a good caption adds context and explains more about who, what, where or why is behind the photo. And yes, people don't just scroll to see your photos; They will read your captions.
Your selfie image is only part of the story, and selfie captions are your chance to share it all. Sure your vacation selfie makes you look cute, but why not share the funny anecdote of how you took it before realizing you forgot your sunscreen and came home redder than a stop sign? Or how that vintage dress you're wearing is a leftover from your sister that you inherited from your cousin because it's #family? This is what people want to see on social media, so give it to them!
🙌 Good selfie captions will captivate your Instagram audience
So are we here? Likes, followers, comments, more followers on Instagram, Facebook and TikTok! Get just 5% of your followers to comment on your caption, and in social media terms, that's quite an achievement. Congratulations! Take a nap, pour yourself a glass of wine, treat yourself to a designer bag, but you celebrate a job well done.
If you can make her stop, stare, and laugh in the middle of a busy city street, you deserve this elegant pink.
How can you increase engagement for each post? Adding personality and context to your captions will help increase certainty.Selfie-HashtagsIt might help too, but what else can you do? Address your audience directly. ask a question Encourage your followers to share their thoughts, tips and suggestions and tag your friends. I said before: friendsI loveto share (sometimes TMI) and as humans they just want to connect. why do you believeinstagram story gamesAre they so popular now?
But I turned away. Let's go back to the vacation selfie example. You can end your selfie caption by asking your audience for suggestions for sunscreen that won't clog your pores. Or generalize: Ask them to comment on their favorite beach spots, or tag a friend they can't wait to party with this summer.
🤜Good selfie captions start strong
Your mission in life is to stop followers from scrolling in the middle of your Instagram feeds. Your selfie itself might be enough for a half-second break, but a good Instagram caption below will have you sticking around and engaging; and just like a comedian, you need a strong opening line.
How did your mother and I meet? Oh, she saw a picture of me on Instagram and commented “who is this zaddy?” and then the two eyes emoji fifteen times.– Brittani Nichols (@BisHilarious)June 16, 2019
In case you need some inspiration to introduce catchy selfie captions to each post, I've compiled a list of opening selfie captions I don't hate.
funny captions for selfies
did you know thatPeople like you more when you make them laugh.? Instead of a "I thought it was cute, maybe I'll delete it later, I don't know“Selfie caption, be creative. Your followers are there to have fun, so restore them to their former glory.
A post shared by AYR | All year round (@ayr)
If you're not in the mood for fun, watch 5 minutes of stand-up comedy on YouTube. I guarantee you are entering the right space to make someone ROFL for real money.
Still stuck? Here are some legit ones.funny captions for selfiesto get the juices flowing:
- Coffee is cheaper than therapy.
- I don't always take selfies, but when I do...
- Class, sass and a little trash
- pink all day
- it's sexy time
- It's not a phase, mom
- came with him
- big hoop posture
- smiling confuses people
- not today satan
- Class AF
- parent plant
cute captions for selfies
Show off your favorite football pajamas? Or show your cute dog on your Insta? Whatever cute things you make, turn up the "aww" factor with a caption that says it all.
A post by Selena Gomez (@selenagomez)
Now your selfie should be at least 100% decorated. A cute caption makes this post 110% full, sure to surprise followers with its cuteness. Here are some of my favoritescute selfie captionsfor Instagram:
- Sweet as honey
- party sunday
- beautiful in pink
- messy bun and do things
- cute but psycho
- wanderlust and city dust
- Be yourself, everyone else is already taken
- No rain, no flowers
- tfw you are a homeless room
- stay golden
food selfie captions
Just imagine: you finally got yourself a basket full of amazing fatty meals. Of course you will share this delicious find with your followers.
But beyond the symbolic #foodie Instagram hashtag, it can be hard to know what to say. How many ways can you say "shit this is delicious" before your followers hang up?
A post shared by Tasty (@buzzfeedtasty)
Here are some more creative things to say to your neighbor.Food selfie captions:
- "Give me all the eggs and bacon you have." –Ron Swanson
- 9 out of 10 people love chocolate. And the tenth person lies.
- The eyes are bigger than my belly.
- My shake takes all the boys to the backyard
- do you want my pizza?
- Good food, good mood.
- "People who love to eat are always the best people" - Julia Kind
love selfie captions
I'm a sucker for a sweet, loving post every now and then. Whether you're taking a selfie with Bae, her mom or her puppy, the right selfie caption can really resonate with your followers.
But let's get more creative than "Love💖.” When in doubt, go tolove selfie captionsthat really say how you feel:
- You are the king baby I am your queen
- Self love is the best love.
- I will never fail you
- my half orange
- How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.
- I belong to you
- you make my heart smile
- My ride or die
- surround yourself with people who make you happy
- If it's meant to be, it will be
dog selfie captions
You know what makes a selfie always better? your pup! They help you take the pressure off of getting it.precisely, and they up the cuteness factor to boot. Literally no one can get past a cute puppy on their feed. So when you take selfies with your dog, make it clear with your captions.
A post by Doug The Pug (@itsdougtepug)
While simply adding your dog to the image can help increase likes and engagement, try taking it a step further by adding some of these dog selfie captions:
- This cute little face is possible thanks to caresses on the belly.
- I melt every time that raft looks at me
- First they steal your heart, then they steal your bed
- "I have too many dogs", no one ever said
- It really is the doghouse, I'm just paying the bills.
- "Dogs are my favorite people." —Richard Dean Anderson
- Whoever said diamonds are a woman's best friend never had a dog
- The more people I meet, the more I love my dog.
- I don't mean to brag or anything, but I'm a big problem for my dog.
- Learn a lesson from your dog. No matter what life throws your way, throw some weed in that garbage and keep going.
captions for cat selfies
It's not just dog owners who get their money's worth! Cats get a bad rap for being a little fussy and aloof, but these furballs are hilarious. Yes,Dogs are 'officially' the internet's favorite animal, but cat lovers also want to show off our best friends.
The next time your fluffy kitty snuggles into your lap, grab your phone, take a picture, and try adding one of these purring cat selfie captions:
- We are literally the cutest rn
- The cat rules, I just pay the rent
- If the world was flat, cats would have squeezed everything out by now.
- "As every cat owner knows, nobody owns a cat." –Ellen Perry Berkeley
- Crazy cat? I prefer "devoted cat lover".
- Happy Saturday from Floof and me
- Can you call it home without the clatter of climbing shoes?
- Not all superheroes wear capes. Sometimes they wear mustaches on their cute little faces.
- Cats never strike a pose that isn't photogenic.
- People who don't like cats were probably rats in a past life.
group selfie captions
You and your friends have a lot of fun. Your hair looks amazing, your clothes are perfect, and somehow you miraculously managed to take a great group selfie! Now all you have to do is figure out how to label it...
A post by Cristiano Ronaldo (@cristiano)
The next time you're ready to upload a photo of you and your team, check out these group selfie captions for inspiration:
- F.R.I.E.N.D.S fight for you. respect you including you. encourage you. Need you. deserves to be by your side
- Find your tribe. love her very much
- Friends are like bras: close to your heart and there to support you!
- No one will have as much fun with us as we do.
- We will always be the best of friends until we are old and senile. So we can be new friends..
- The "they" for my "Nanigans".
- Good times + crazy friends = great memories!
- Live the moments you can't put into words.
- Attention Victoria's Secret models: We're here for your career.
- Friends make this world beautiful.
Boring captions for selfies
Sometimes things get a little boring, and that's okay. The world is a fun place, but not all of us can live adventures 24/7. The next time you're getting ready to show the more mundane side of things, try one of these boring selfie captions:
- I tried to be nice, but then I got bored.
- I'm so bored I wish someone would kidnap me so I could have an adventure.
- When everything seems boring, take a deep breath and smile. The world is still interesting. You just need a fresh perspective.
- Bored with boredom because boredom bores.
- Are you bored like me? Read it again, but in reverse, and it will still make sense.
- Do you hear it? It's the sound of me dying of boredom.
- today is canceled.
- Boredom is when you keep checking the fridge and waiting for something amazing to come along..
- That awkward moment when you finish watching a TV series and don't know what else to do with your life.
- Don't do anything, don't feel guilty..
sarcastic selfie captions
If you're feeling a little cheeky, try putting some of that personality into your IG posts with these snarky selfie captions:
- I really want to be a good person, but my mouth never cooperates.
- Modest, with just a touch of Kanye.
- I'm doing something called "What I Want".
- One day I'll end up in another dimension.
- My mood depends on what my hair looks like..
- People talk behind my back and I'm like, "Wow, I have a fan club!"
- Maybe I'm not made of sugar and spice, but of sarcasm and boldness..
- Don't worry too much about what other people think. They really don't do that often.
- Going to bed early and waking up early just means you weren't invited to the party..
- When life closes a door in your face, open it again. Doors work like this.
snow selfie captions
There's something magical about snow falling to the ground, isn't there? Everything is covered with a bright white blanket, you can see traces of animal tracks, and everything is a little calmer.
A post shared by 𝐃𝐫. Dr. Mike (@doctor.mike)
So BOOM, it's March and the magic seems to be completely gone. Beat the cold weather blues by taking a photo and captioning it with one of these snowy selfie captions:
- When it snows, you have two options: shovel or make snow angels..
- I can't get up on days when the temperature is below my age..
- There's nothing better than a good hug on a cold winter night..
- sled all day.
- You are never too old for a snowball fight..
- With a good fuck comes great responsibility.
- To appreciate the beauty of a snowflake, you have to stand out in the cold..
- Snowflakes count instead of stars.
- It's the season to freeze'.
- They say you can't buy happiness, but you can buy a ski pass and skis, so it's basically the same thing.
pouting selfie captions
They may not be as trendy as they used to be, but the classic pout still has its place and remains a popular choice for selfies. Add some personality to your pout photo with these pout selfie captions:
- When in doubt, wink and pout.
- Polish, pose and pout.
- Put on lipstick and live a little.
- Don't hate me for having a big pout.
- "Live your eyeliner, breathe your lipstick." - Lady Gaga
- Lipstick says more than words.
- "You have that dreamy James Dean look in your eyes, and I have those red lips, that classic thing you like." -Taylor Swift
- A real man ruins his lipstick, not his mascara..
- A pout a day keeps the doctor away.
black and white subtitles
Black and white photos are a classic way to mix things up when it comes to your selfie game. Using a black and white filter will instantly give your images a more polished feel, and you need a great caption to go along with it. Here are some of our favorite black and white selfie captions:
- I like that in photographs. It's proof that once, just for a moment, everything was perfect.
- "She sees in black and white, thinks in shades of gray and loves color." —JmSturm
- Black is the new black.
- No man is completely bad, just as no man is perfect. we are all gray.
- "Life isn't always black and white, it's a million shades of grey." —Ridley Scott
- I'm like classic black and white.
- "Seeing in color is a delight for the eyes, but seeing in black and white is a delight for the soul." -Andri Cauldwell
- "You don't take a picture, you do" - Ansel Adams
- "Why black and white? Because color can be very demanding." –Diane Keaton
- Color is everything, black and white is more.
it's the season
No matter how frozen your fingers are typing or how hot your iPhone is in the summer sun, there's always a season for the right selfie captions in the Instagram world.
- I'm made of pumpkin spice and everything good
- I love wet wipes and autumn selfies.
- Don't stop browsing
- It's the season to freeze
- Eat, drink and be at ease.
- sled all day
- The sun is the best medicine.
- stop and smell the roses
- Hello Spring
Captions for summer selfies:
- Eat. To sleep. Beach. Repeat.
- Keep calm and lie in the sun.
- we are great for summer
View moreFind seasonal captions for fall, winter, spring and summer!
And here are 33 more of the best selfie captions in 2022 for your Instagram needs:
Selfie captions for a messy day or when you're channeling that inner wildness.
Messy hair days happen in real life. Be bold and show the world your morning hair.
- Find your desert.
- Have fun for a while.
- Accept the glorious mess that you are.
Ideal for that inevitable “morning selfie”. Come back with why you're ready to start your day as a badass.
Morning selfies deserve more than a clever caption. By sharing this, you show confidence for all to see.
- coffee and confidence
- May your coffee be hot and your eyeliner even.
- Confidence level = selfie, no filter
- Some days start off better than others.
- A little contouring and a lot of confidence.
Save these selfie captions for the selfies you're most proud of.
Feel proud? Do you have any moxie? Let everyone know!
- Do you like the view?
- Nothing is as good as a selfie on the first try.
- Make you pose.
- No eye candy. Food for the soul.
Lazy selfies during the day. AKA every Sunday.
Sunday selfie captions are also known as lazy days.
- Today I will be as useless as the G in lasagna.
- When you follow your heart and it takes you to the couch.
- super lazy Like a normal lazy but with a cape.
#OOTD. Fashion. Style.
- Feel like a stiletto in a room full of flats.
- Don't be regular glue. You are glitter glue.
- The life is a party. Act like this, dress like this.
- My standards are high, but my heels are higher.
- Good looks are powerful. You also have the power to make a fool of yourself and not care.
- Take care of your attire and your trust will take care of the rest.
- I feel the fashion in this picture.
For selfies with your best friend.
- I'm not sure which is fairer, our jeans or our friendship.
- The kind of person who makes me forget to check my phone.
- He got me on "we make it look like an accident".
"I feel myself" captions should not be misunderstood as long as they don't happen every day.
- Not everyone likes me, but not everyone is important
- Meet me where the wild things are
- No filter, stay at 100
pose looking away
Looking away from captions can be tricky, especially when you're looking away from the camera with every selfie. Ideally, these captions would be original and heartfelt, but here are some suggestions:
- Once you move away from where you came from, you see things differently.
- When I finish a movie, I save it and never watch it again.
- The road less traveled is just a few meters away.
- I look away because I don't feel the present.
- Explore what else is...
👋Famous last words
Be sure to add your personality, your own taste, your own lemon (or vodka?) in every Instagram selfie caption. And be careful when using afin. And if I find you with people like "I i i "I reserve the right to unfollow.
Wait, there's more!
Still not convinced? No problem. Here are some additional reads for selfie captions in 2022:
- simple captions for selfies: attention span is short; easier is better.
- birthday selfie captions: Celebrate the year you were born with more than just a selfie; sum up
- Serious captions for selfies: Not all selfie captions are smart or smiley. Some topics are serious, which means your subheadings carry a little more weight.
- funny captions for selfies: A cool selfie is nothing without that funny caption.
- wild selfie captions: Sometimes you have to be a little wild when it comes to selfies.
- one word selfie captions: Do you only use one word for your selfie caption? Not everyone can do this, but we urge you to try.
- Automatic captions for selfies: Selfies aren't the most popular, but if you go this route, make sure you have a solid caption.
- creative captions for selfies: Creativity doesn't stop once you take a selfie – add a creative caption and watch the likes pile up!