Terraria – Calamity Mod Progression Guide
A guide for anyone who wants to try Calamity Mod! It provides an overview of progress while being open enough to change at will.
3 the abyss
4 weapons and accessories
5 similar posts:
Mod bosses are the core of progression. While the bosses at each stage of the game can be defeated in any order, I'd suggest following an order similar to the one suggested in the boss checklist and the Calamity mod wiki.
- slime king
- scourge of the desert
- Eye of Cthulu
- Eater of Worlds/Brain of Cthulu
- Queen Bee
- The Phantom of the Hive / The Drills
- slime god
- meat wall
- The Twins
- Brimstone Elemental (drops little stat for non-melee builds until Providence is dead and can be ignored until then)
- The destroyer
- aquatic scourge
- first skeleton
- has sorte
- mermaid and leviathan
- lodo Astrageldon
- through a gate
- Plaguebringer Goliath (Gains low stats on melee, mage, and summoner builds and can be ignored)
- Duque Fischron
- Ravager (Gives cores which are useful but useless and can be ignored)
- desecrated guards
- Providence the desecrated goddess
- Devourer Wards (Order of Wards does not matter)
- Polterghast (Can be done before Sentinels)
- eater of God
- Jungle Dragon, Yharon
- Ultimate Calamites (Superboss optional. Mod is considered complete after defeating Yharon)
You will receive different armor during the game.
- Wulfrum Armor (Available from the moment you spawn. Fragments used in crafting are dropped to the surface by Wulfrum Slime and Wulfrum Drones.)
- Victida Armor (Can be obtained the moment you spawn, although it is incredibly dirty. Bars are made from shells, starfish, and coral along with victory shards. They all drop from Cnidrion and Desert Scourge.)
- Aerospec Armor (Can be obtained after defeating Hive Mind or Perforators, which causes ore to appear in your world.)
- Statigel Armor (Obtained after defeating the Slime God. Made from Purified Gel dropped by the Slime God. Serves as the final armor before Hardmode.)
- Daedalus Armor (Obtainable after spawning the Cryonic Ore by defeating Cryogen. Until Cryogen is defeated, you only have access to vanilla hardmode armor. It's important to note that defeating Cryogen also yields a Frost Core, which allows access to Frost Armor easily if you prefer).
- Reaver Armor (Obtainable after defeating Plantera where the Eternal Ore appears.)
- Astral Armor (Can be obtained after defeating Astrum Deus, in which Astral Ore becomes mineable. Armor tier easy to skip as it is only useful for Mages or Summoners and is similar to Reaver Armor in stats).
- Ataxia Armor (Can be obtained by mining Chaotic Abyss Ore with a saw after defeating Golem. Serves as the final set armor for Hard Mode.)
- Xeroc Armor (obtainable after defeating the Moon Lord. Made from Meld Bars and Luminite Bars.
- Tarragon Armor (Obtained after defeating Providence from the Uelibloom ore that appears as a result.)
- Bloodflare Armor (Obtainable after defeating Polterghast with Bloodstone Cores and Ruinous Souls.)
- God Slayer Armor (Obtainable after defeating the God Eater with Cosmilite Ingots.)
- Silva Armor (Obtainable after defeating Yharon's first stage, which allows Darksun Shards to drop from Mothrons.)
- Auric Tesla Armor (Obtained after defeating Yharon, where Auric prays, appears in the world. Serves as endgame armor.)
- Demon Shadow Armor (Obtainable after defeating Supreme Calamites. Serves as a bonus armor set.)
The Abyss is a large biome that appears behind the dungeon in all worlds. It spans the entire height of a world (save for the tiny patch of hell at the very bottom) and is a source of powerful items at various points in the game. There are three main points where you must go through the abyss.
- The first quest must be done after defeating Skeletron. At this point, you must hunt the Shadow Boxes that spawn on islands along the Abyss. The weapons that can be inside last for about Cryogen.
- The second quest must be done after defeating Plantera. At this point, Deep Cells and Lumenyl will be knocked down by some enemies. These are used to craft some powerful weapons that will potentially last you through the rest of Hard Mode.
- The final quest must be done after defeating Polterghast. This journey takes you to the bottom of the Abyss, where Eidolon Wyrms, Reaper Sharks and Colossal Squids spawn. They all throw some big weapons that are very strong against the God Eater and can reach Yharon.
You will also go to the Abyss after defeating the Golem to collect Chaotic Ore; However, this is a minor event and therefore not considered one of the major points where you cross the chasm.
In addition to the three mini-bosses on the Abyss floor, the Mauler in Sulphhurous Seas over the Abyss will start releasing a powerful ranged weapon once Polterghast is defeated.
I also recommend that you craft the Abyssal Diving Suit as it is incredibly useful later in the game for farming Abyss items.
weapons and accessories
There are so many weapons and accessories out there that I simply suggest you search the Calamity mod wiki for information on them. I'll still give a brief overview of the most important attachments, but below that will be a link to each wiki page for each weapon class and a list of the attachments. Sorting these pages by rarity will sort them when they become available.
- Angel Treads (an upgrade to Frostspark Boots, which can be crafted after defeating mechanical bosses).
- Seraph Tracers (An upgrade to Angel Treads that works like a wing. Can be obtained after defeating the Moon Lord.)
- Elysian Tracers (An upgrade to Seraph Tracers. Increases movement speed even more and also acts as a wing. Obtainable after defeating God Eater.)
- Celestial Tracers (An upgrade to Elysian Tracers. Obtainable after defeating Yharon. Exclusive to Revenge Mode.)
- Counter Scarf (Grants the ability to dash. Taking damage when falling will make you dodge and temporarily invincible, as well as briefly increasing all melee stats. Eye of Cthulu drops. Unique revenge mode.)
- The Absorbent (a powerful defensive accessory that can be obtained from a long crafting tree).
- The Sponge (A powerful defensive accessory that combines the powers of the Absorbent and Ambrosia's Vial).
- Heart of Draedon (Greatly increases health regeneration rate while stationary and passively increases rage meter. Unique revenge mode.)
- Valor of Asgard (An upgrade to the Ankh Shield. Grants immunity to some debuffs from the Calamity mod, as well as increased health and defense.)
- Elysian Aegis (A powerful shield cast by Providence in expert mode. Provides immunity to knockback shots and blocks, and health and defense bonuses. Grants a dash and has a toggle buff.)
- Asgardian Aegis (An upgrade of Asgard's Valor and Elysian Aegis. Combines the effects of both while granting more defensive bonuses. Exclusive Expert Mode.)
- Astral Arcanum (Useful for mobility and fighting the God Eater. Grants immunity to the Godslayer Inferno debuff, as well as the ability to teleport to key points in your world.)
- Blood God Core (Increases maximum health by 20% and damage resistance by 10%. Halves a single on-hit damage every 15 seconds.)
- The Companions (Grants powerful stat boosts at this scale with each boss defeated.)
- Terraria – Calamity Mod Progression Guide
- Terraria: How to earn fruits of life (easy tips)
- Terraria: How to earn fruits of life (easy tips)
- Terraria: How to Get Moonlord Legs and a Crimson World and Corruption
- Terraria - Ankh Shield Crafting
- Meltys Quest Bestiary-List
Is there zenith in calamity? ›
The Zenith Arcanum is a craftable Post-Moon Lord accessory. When equipped it has the following effects: 20% increased summon damage and defense. 15% increased mining speed.Who is Supreme calamitas talking about? ›
The person other than the player mentioned in some of her quotes is referring to the Jungle Tyrant, Yharim, whom she is enslaved to until she is defeated, as stated in the mod's lore. Supreme Calamitas is one of only two bosses to drop a Death Mode-exclusive item, the other being The Devourer of Gods.What is the hardest calamity mode? ›
Death Mode is the second gamemode introduced in the Calamity Mod, serving as an increased difficulty level to Revengeance Mode. It is activated by using the Death item, which can be crafted at any Altar and does not have any ingredients. It is again succeeded in difficulty by Malice Mode.What is the hardest boss in Terraria calamity mod? ›
The Slime God
It has 10,800 total health split over the 3 bosses ( 17,280 in Expert Mode, and 23,360 in Revengeance Mode).
Yharim is the current, oppressive, ruler of Terraria. He leads a massive army, which he rules over with an iron fist, and his influence is felt by almost everyone throughout the planet.Is Zenith pre Moonlord? ›
The Zenith is a Hardmode, post-Moon Lord melee weapon crafted using a variety of swords obtained throughout the game's progression.Is Yharim a calamity? ›
Yharim, known as the Jungle Tyrant or Tyrant King, is a prominent figure in the Calamity Mod's lore and is responsible for many of the events preceding the game.Is calamitas a girl? ›
Ira Sanguinos, known under the title of Calamitas during her servitude to Yharim, is an immensely powerful witch, who has mastered Brimstone magic. She was once Yharim's apprentice, but was swiftly replaced when she began to rebel.Why is Supreme calamitas an eye? ›
A mistake during her creation left her form crippled and misshapen, forcing her to take the form of the Calamitas Eye to survive, even then, she would inevitably suffer extreme agony as long as she lives, which the Tyrant would deem for the better, as it would give him another means of controlling her every action.What is the fastest pickaxe in calamity? ›
Palladium Ore. Sharing the same pickaxe power with the Molten Pickaxe, it is the fastest pickaxe available before Hardmode.
What is the fastest gun in calamity? ›
|Type||Weapon – Crafting material|
|Knockback||2.25 (Very Weak)|
|Use time||24 Fast|
The Slime Staff has the lowest drop chance of any item in the game and is, therefore, the rarest.Why is Moon Lord so hard in calamity? ›
The Moon Lord is the final boss in Terraria. Because of its high health and its numerous, highly damaging attacks, it is generally considered one of the most difficult bosses in the game.Who is Draedon calamity? ›
Draedon is a mysterious figure that formerly lived in an observatory filled with all sorts of tomes and knowledge, from smithing to magic. When his landmark attracted attention, he used his knowledge to blacksmith for them in exchange for goods.What is a Superboss calamity? ›
Superbosses are a unique form of post-Moon Lord bosses that the Calamity Mod adds to the game. They are exceedingly difficult, boasting overwhelmingly high stats, mainly immense health and ludicrous amounts of damage.Is Yharon male or female? ›
Yharon is a titanic divine Jungle Dragon, and is the last of his kind. He prides himself for being Yharim's eternal companion and only true friend.Who is xeroc calamity? ›
The first and most powerful among these Light Gods was a being named Xeroc. The Light Gods were obsessed with order, hierarchy, balance, and other things of that sort. However, soon after the universe's creation, it was invaded by a race of Dark Gods.Is the Terraprisma? ›
The Terraprisma is a Hardmode, post-Plantera summon weapon. It spawns a copy of itself that rapidly attacks nearby enemies. It is a guaranteed drop from the Empress of Light when all damage dealt to the Empress occurs during the day.Is Meowmere better than Zenith? ›
The Meowmere has the highest listed base damage of all weapons in the game, apart from explosives. However, other endgame weapons like the Zenith, Terrarian, or Star Wrath often have much higher DPS , e.g. due to unlisted bonuses. It was referred to as Meowmur before its release.Is the Moon Lord Cthulhu? ›
Cthulhu, known in-game as the Moon Lord, is the main antagonist and final boss of the sandbox videogame Terraria, introduced in the 1.3 update. It is a massive eldritch horror that seeks to destroy the world.
What sword is better than the Terra Blade? ›
The Terra Blade has a slightly faster speed and more knockback, and pierces through targets, and unlike the Influx Waver, does not rely on automatic targeting. However, the Influx Waver is superior when fighting one target.Is calamity mod an endgame? ›
The Calamity Mod is a large content mod for Terraria which adds many hours of endgame content and dozens of enemies and bosses dispersed throughout the vanilla game's progression.What boss is after Calamitas? ›
The next bosses to fight are Leviathan and Anahita and Astrum Aureus.Do calamity bosses scale? ›
All bosses scale their contact damage based on how fast they are moving relative to their maximum velocity. The process for calculating this is explained below.What armor does Yharim use? ›
Auric Tesla Armor
The armor worn by Tyrant Yharim himself. The armor is known to be almost completely indestructible, as it has hardly been scratched during all the battles the Tyrant has participated in.
When threatened by enemies, she will defend herself with brimstone hellblasts. The Brimstone Witch will always be named Calamitas.What weapon does Yharim use? ›
The Tyrant Yharim's Ultisword is a craftable Hardmode broadsword that autoswings. It will shoot out a red blade which homes in on enemies and gradually slows to a stop, similar to the blades created by Pumpking.What is the forbidden one calamity? ›
Apocolypse, The Forbidden One is a powerful superboss with 5,000,000 Hp, 100 melee damage, and 200 defense. He flies around the playe in an infinity symbole like pattern, and often stops right next to the player and unleashes a firey storm of cursed flames.Is malice mode possible? ›
Malice Mode is the third and most difficult game mode introduced in the Calamity Mod, serving as an increased difficulty level to Death Mode. It can be activated by using the Tormented Mind of Malice, which can be crafted at any Altar and does not have any ingredients.What is the best class against Supreme Calamitas? ›
The Aergian Technistaff has powerful single-target DPS, making it a great choice against Supreme Calamitas and her brothers.
What is the hottest pickaxe in Terraria? ›
The Molten Pickaxe is the best pre-Hardmode pickaxe and capable of mining Hardmode ores, thus being a very essential tool. It has the convenient side benefits of emitting light and inflicting the On Fire!What pickaxe has 65 power? ›
Once you beat all 3 mechanical bosses, you can craft 18 Hallowed Bars, a Soul of Fright, a Soul of Might, and a Soul of Sight together at a Mythril or Orichalcum Anvil to make a Drax or a Pickaxe Axe. They both have 200% Pickaxe Power (and also 110% Axe Power).Is the p90 good in calamity? ›
|Type||Weapon – Crafting material|
|Knockback||1.50 (Extremely Weak)|
|Use time||2 Insanely Fast|
Two-handed sword: The most powerful heavy weapon for Link to wield is the Royal Guard's Claymore, a large black sword with huge damage potential.Is the Zapinator rare? ›
Despite its low rarity, it can be a very effective weapon throughout pre-Hardmode, given the luck required to benefit from the projectiles' behavior. tModLoader version as Gray Zapinator and Orange Zapinator in 1.4. 0.1.Is the Murasama a real weapon in Terraria? ›
The Muramasa is one of the few pre-Hardmode melee weapons that has autoswing. The Muramasa bears a strong resemblance to the Cobalt Sword and the Katana, and fits with the "Feudal Asia" theme of Cobalt weapons and armor. The Cobalt Shield can also be found in the Dungeon's Locked Gold Chests and in Golden Lock Boxes.Can you get 7 accessory slots in calamity? ›
The Celestial Onion is a consumable dropped by the Moon Lord. It permanently gives the player a sixth ( seventh ) accessory slot. This effect does not stack and may only be used once per player.Is Moon Lord immune to Ichor? ›
Moon Lord is vulnerable to almost all debuffs, most notably Ichor and Betsy's Curse, which can dramatically speed up the fight. However, since Moon Lord's eyes remove all debuffs when they close, the player will have to reapply them accordingly. It is advisable to kill the eye on the head first.What is the best melee weapon for Moon Lord? ›
The new Terrablade is the best melee weapon pre moon lord. : r/Terraria.
Is the Murasama in Terraria a reference? ›
The Murasama is a reference to a weapon of the same name and similar appearance wielded by the character Jetstream Sam from Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. The fast, blurred cutting animation that the item uses is based on the blurring visuals shown when the player or Sam uses the sword.Is DM dokuro working on calamity? ›
Almost all tracks are made by composer DM DOKURO, with three featuring SixteenInMono, two tracks composed by RoverdriveX, and three composed by PinpinNeon. So far, there are 42 tracks currently in-game.What is the best calamity ost? ›
- 1 Stained, Brutal Calamity. ...
- 2 Roar of the Jungle Dragon. ...
- 3 Raw, Unfiltered Calamity. ...
- 4 Scourge of the Universe. ...
- 5 Universal Collapse. ...
- 6 Unholy Insurgency. ...
- 7 Infernal Catharsis (Rebirth) ...
- 8 Return to Slime.
Terraria's Labor of Love update adds a secret boss to the game, and this guide details exactly what players must do to fight it. There is a secret boss hiding in Terraria's Labor of Love update, and many players will undoubtedly be interested in going up against it.What is the hardest Terraria boss? ›
1 Moon Lord
Moon Lord is the hardest boss undoubtedly within Terraria. According to one user on the Steam Community, “Moon Lord is the hardest in that he's the one who forces you to innovate the most, in terms of building arenas, crafting potions, etc.”
Terraria's 1.4 update adds a new final sword called Zenith to Re-Logic's sandbox game, and here is how players can craft it. The massive Terraria 1.4 update, also known as Journey's End, has arrived, and it is is bringing a ton of new content to Re-Logic's acclaimed sandbox game.Where can I find Zenith in Warframe? ›
The Zenith is an assault rifle available through the Daily Tribute system, as a potential reward for logging in for 100 cumulative days.Is Zenith stronger than last prism? ›
The Last Prism used to have the highest overall DPS of any weapon in Terraria, but it has since been surpassed by the Zenith.Is Zenith better than Meowmere? ›
The Meowmere has the highest listed base damage of all weapons in the game, apart from explosives. However, other endgame weapons like the Zenith, Terrarian, or Star Wrath often have much higher DPS , e.g. due to unlisted bonuses.What is the strongest sword in Terraria? ›
The best blade. So, TL;DR – the most powerful sword you can craft is the Zenith. What is considered to be an amalgamation of many cool swords from throughout the game, Zenith is one of Terraria's best weapons and obliterates any enemy with ease.
What is the most overpowered item in Terraria? ›
Terraprisma. You could say that Terraprisma is one of the most powerful weapons in Terraria. The post-hardmode weapon is dropped by the Empress of Light, who you might encounter in the underground jungle.Which is better Zenistar or Zenith? ›
Zenith is your best option. Plus with it ability, you have infinite punch through. Zenith's short desc: Infinite Punch Through.What is Zenith max level? ›
Your character level determines your base stats. The current maximum level for characters is 40. You can increase your level by gaining experience points which can be received from killing enemies, completing quests, using skills (cooking/gathering), and opening chests.Is Zephyr a female Warframe? ›
Light-footed and graceful, the beautiful and deadly Zephyr is in her element while airborne. With the power to bend air currents, she is an agile skyterror who delivers swift judgement from above.Was Zenith a God? ›
Zenith, The God of the Kingdom of the Eternally Damned.Is Zenith post moon Lord? ›
The Zenith is a Hardmode, post-Moon Lord melee weapon crafted using a variety of swords obtained throughout the game's progression.How do you get Terraprisma? ›
The Terraprisma is a Hardmode, post-Plantera summon weapon. It spawns a copy of itself that rapidly attacks nearby enemies. It is a guaranteed drop from the Empress of Light when all damage dealt to the Empress occurs during the day.